How do we care for the environment?
Ecological responsibility is a key aspect of our activities. We are aware of the need to change our current habits and the obligation to introduce new solutions that help protect the natural environment.
What do we use when packing goods?
Every day we send several packages to our domestic and foreign customers. We make sure that the goods are properly secured and reach the contractor in perfect condition. However, we are aware of the waste generated by each shipment. For this reason, we have introduced comprehensive solutions to minimize the harmfulness of our shipments and which, even to a small extent, compensate the environment for our activities.
The cardboard boxes we use are made of natural kraft - smooth corrugated cardboard. As a rule, they are five-layer, which means they are rigid and safe, and we are not afraid of the transported goods. Additionally, corrugated cardboard is mostly made of recycled materials. The cardboard is therefore biodegradable and compostable. After delivery, it can be thrown into a paper bin or, we recommend, reused.
Sometimes orders require us to use plastic bags in the packaging process, although we can admit that they have little in common with the classic films used so far. Used LDPE foil bags are made of 100% recycled materials. We need them to protect the goods from scratching or unnecessary dirt. As they are made of recycling, they help us protect the environment, and they do not have much in common with the plastic bags we gave up a long time ago.
Whenever possible, we replace the bags with a corrugated texture. This mainly happens when transporting goods on pallets. Cardboard provides us with flexibility and durability at the same time. The most important thing, that it is made of ecological material in a light brown colour. Of course, it is 100% recyclable.
Stripe-cut paper filling
To ensure even greater protection of goods, we use paper fillers. They are made on the premises of the company, from recovered cardboard boxes. Every piece of cardboard we "receive" from suppliers that we cannot reuse ends up as a filler. Thanks to this, we have limited the use of bubble wrap, and we have gained the power to create things from recycling. Paper fillers can be reused for securing shipments or disposed of in a paper bin.
Biodegradable paper tape
We cover each parcel with paper tape made of brown paper covered with natural rubber glue. It is strong and durable enough to protect against accidental opening and at the same time fully biodegradable and compostable. With a clear conscience, it can be thrown into a paper container together with a cardboard box. The use of the tape itself is much more economical, which means that less tape is used.
What to do with our packaging?
Recycled bags reusable
Corrugated fiberboard reusable / compost / biodegradable / paper waste
Stripe-cut paper filling reusable / compost / biodegradable / paper waste
Tape compost / biodegradable / paper waste
Why is it worth changing habits and reducing plastic consumption?
- Every year, 8 million tons of plastic waste ends up in the seas and oceans, of which 236,000 tons is microplastic.
- Currently, there are 5 "islands" on the surface of the oceans made of plastic waste. One of them is as large as France.
- Every minute, as much plastic as is in one garbage truck goes to the sea.
- In 2014, the mass ratio of plastic in the seas to fish was 1: 5.
- In terms of weight, the seas and oceans will have more plastic than fish by 2050.
- The risk of coral reef disease increases from 4% to 89% after contact with plastic in marine waters.
- 90% of sea pollution with plastic comes from only 10 rivers, 8 of which are Asian.
- In total, over 8.3 billion tonnes of various types of plastics have already been produced in the world,of which as much as 6.3 billion tonnes is now plastic waste.
- Worldwide, only 9% of plastic garbage is recycled, and 12% end their lives in incineration plants. The overwhelming majority goes to landfills, or worse, directly to the natural environment.
- Na całym świecie co minutę sprzedaje się ponad 1.000.000 plastikowych butelek. Łącznie w 2016 roku sprzedano ich 480 miliardów (niewyobrażalna liczba!)
- Potrzeba ponad 500 lat, żeby plastikowa butelka rozłożyła się (a raczej rozpadła w pył) w środowisku naturalnym.
- In Europe, about 40% of the production of plastics is packaging, 22% in various types of household appliances, and 20% are building and construction materials.
Świadomość ekologiczna w Grupie ZIR
- Stawiamy na zieleń – na terenie firmy mamy ponad 20 razy więcej roślinności, niż pracowników.
- Ekologiczny transport – posiadamy dwie stacje ładowania pojazdów elektrycznych, na potrzeby własne, naszych pracowników oraz naszych gości.
- Flota naszych pojazdów to także samochody elektryczne, które służą nam do wykonywania codziennych objazdów po ulicach.
- Energię czerpiemy z zainstalowanych paneli fotowoltanicznych.
- W ciągu roku zredukowaliśmy ilość zużywanego plastiku blisko o 90%.
- Na bieżąco segregujemy i poddajemy recyklingowi wszystko co można.
- Nie drukujemy, a korzystamy z elektronicznych dokumentów.
- Świadomie wybieramy kolor biały (samochody firmowe) lub jasny(kolor elewacji), aby nie współtworzyć wyspy ciepła.
- Stosujemy energooszczędne oświetlenie.
- Miejska Pasieka – planowane rozpoczęcie w 2023 roku.
Of course, we are aware that we are not able to stop the plastic flooding us, although we try to make every effort to ensure that the activities of the ZIR Group contribute to the generation of unnecessary waste as little as possible. We systematically undertake new pro-ecological actions and pay attention to the ecological awareness of our employees, believing that we have a positive effect on all of us.